Sunday, January 27, 2008

Life: This is a salad with apples and croutons.(week 9,58/365,jreyes)


Life: This is a salad with apples and croutons.(week 9,58/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

This is a salad with apples, croutons, and salad dressing. My goal this year is to eat healthy, I am finally starting. The sickness lasted a good month which totally sucked! So yeah trying to eat more leafy veggies and fruits. I even cooked chicken today for meals which should last the whole week. I mean it is my version of chicken adobo. Just vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper, which I put in the oven. This should also save some money. Eating out is expensive and the looming economic downturn makes me cook more rather than eat out. You know the economy is bad when engineers have to cook for themselves. ;-) Anyways, cooking for myself as a single engineer isn't that bad, just eating by yourself sort of sucks. I don't know there is just something always hauntingly lonely when you eat by yourself. People aren't meant to eat meals by themselves. I remember one day during my fall quarter freshman year in college and I ate lunch by myself before the class, I thought man this sucks. I didn't have my new freshman people I hung out with and talk nonsense with. And it was just really eerily sad to eat at a place where you didn't know anyone and was doubting your surroundings and your "belongingness" (making words up). Maybe it is a primal anthropological thing or perhaps like a sociology thing, but there is something very basic and true when you eat with others. You share stories, you are more likely to be yourself, and you practice common social things so that you don't look like that weirdo (although all people are weirdos anyways). Anyways, yeah cooking is fun, eating by yourself in your apartment during a cold and rainy winter is not a positive experience.

1 comment:

hajush said...

So true, eating with others is much better. I shared a Denny's meal with a homeless person when I got in late to Vancouver. I couldn't help but feel so grateful for his company.