Saturday, February 2, 2008

Life: This is a FUTAB with my new Chucks.(week 10,64/365,jreyes)


Life: This is a FUTAB with my new Chucks.(week 10,64/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

This is FUTAB with my new Chuck Taylor's. The background is a painting I did about 2 years ago, the title is "Modern Day Jesus." I made Him look like a 1st century Jew and I made Him look at the dancer. I leave it up to the viewer of the art if He is looking at the dancer with blessings for she is His daughter or He is looking at her with disappointment. Anyways, Jesus did hang out with the "sinners" of His day, so in my design a modern day Jesus would hang out with our perceived "sinners" as well. Also, I didn't want to paint an Italian white blue eyed Jesus, because well Jesus was a 1st century Jew, He always was and always will be. No point in argument with that fact, He probably wore a head dress, because He was in the desert and need protection and all that jazz.. Anyways, I love the piece because it always intrigues people. And that's the whole point of art it forces some human reaction other than the mundane money-centered boredom of modern American capitalism.

No comments: