Monday, July 14, 2008

Life: This is girl with cute sunglasses during a futbol game.(week 32,224/365,jreyes)


Life: This is girl with cute sunglasses during a futbol game.(week 32,224/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

My brother-in-law, nephew, and I watched the San Jose Earthquakes vs. the Colorado Rapids today. The game was played at my alma mater in Buck Saw Stadium in Santa Clara University. It is a bit weird, because I worked in the athletic department during my school days. My work-study job was to sell tickets during soccer, baseball, volleyball, and basketball games at Santa Clara University. So it reminded me totally of Men's and Women's soccer games at SCU. Those were pretty fun times. I used to get free hot dogs and drinks after half time from our bosses and we were able to see games for free. Pretty good college gig right?

This lovely little girl was staring at my camera, so I decided to take her picture. She has the don't you know I am fabulous look. It was an entertaining game. I was able to take a photo of the Earthquakes' goal off a header. It was too bad, because Colorado scored like 8 minutes later off a nice header. But the Earthquakes coach got hella mad because he thought the player was offsides. So the referee kicked the coach out of the game for arguing. It got a bit chippy after that point. But it is good to see soccer thriving in the Bay Area. Lots of families, lots of fans, lots of food, lots of beer.

Earthquakes goal:
flickr.com/photos/jmoisesreyes/2663482690

No comments: