Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life: This is Kite Runner.(week 18,121/365,jreyes)


Life: This is Kite Runner.(week 18,121/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

I finished Howard Zinn and I am now reading Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I didn't know he graduated from Santa Clara University. That's pretty cool, he went to my alma mater. Anyways, the book is pretty good. It is a story of an Afghan family and its life during the 1970s after the Afghan monarchy got over thrown. The writing is easy enough for anyone to read, but there is a quick pace to it which makes you want to read what is coming up next. The author does a pretty good job telling the story. It is a bit tragic right now, I just finished the first 1/3 of the book, but I think it will get better. Anyways, recently I am finding joy with reading books and writing these long winded descriptions on my 365(6) project of life, light, and love. I used to blog a lot before, but this time there is a picture to at least get a glimpse to some of the ideas in the writing. BTW, I was not a communications or an English major. I was a Math major. :-)

No comments: