Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life: This is Baron Davis on Kirilenko (unfinished).(week 15,101/365,jreyes)


Life: This is Baron Davis on Kirilenko (unfinished).(week 15,101/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

I love this dunk on Kirilenko. Baron's gritty face shows so much determination to overcome the big Russian. I don't know, but this is a really challenging piece for me. MY teacher is not talking/suggesting anything to me about this piece. She is just waiting till I complete the design to make corrections and what not. It is a challenging difficult piece, because I don't typically paint a lot of actions on paintings. They are typically static pieces or portraits. Anyways, I love this dunk. It symbolizes Bay Area basketball's triumph and comeback from years of terrible Warrior teams in the past 14 years. This dunk signified BDiddy's bravado, athleticism, and pure strength. Anyways, it is unfinished, but I love working on it. I think I will miss working on it when it is done.

The Dunk

No comments: