Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Life, Light, Love: This is Louis Armstrong. (week 27,185/365,jreyes)


Life, Light, Love: This is Louis Armstrong. (week 27,185/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

I finished this Louis Armstrong art piece. It is 40 X 30 inches. All my paintings are pretty big. I like to paint with large canvases, because it gives me freedom with color and design. I am pretty happy with this piece. I used new bold colors like violet for the trumpet and olive green for the background and some light yellow/greens as well. I think this may be my last jazz man piece. I like painting people who have a confidence, a coolness or an energy about them. If I am going to paint something which takes me 10-15 hours it might as well be something cool and energetic. It would be drag to paint depressing content. I am considering painting Obama for the next piece. I know it is pretty mainstream, but what the heck I think I will entitle it "Si Se Puede!" Or something catchy from his campaign. Anyways, it is Tuesday which means art day!

No comments: