Monday, May 12, 2008

Life: This is I am crushing Olympian ruins in Olympia, Greece. (week 23,156/365,jreyes)


Life: This is I am crushing Olympian ruins in Olympia, Greece. (week 23,156/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

Day 11 - We got into Katakolon after Santorini. It was another full excursion day this time to Olympia. It is about 45 minute drive from Katakolon. These are where the ancient Olympic games first started. The stadium contains a 193 meter run for the full length of the stadium. The stadium could probably hold 45,000 easily. Also the ancient runners ran naked. I didn't know this but women with one breast showing were also allowed to race. I also saw the place where the Olympic torch gets lit up every 4 years. Anyways, here is another "I am crushing your head creative" shots.

Olympia, Greece:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia%2C_Greece

No comments: