Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life: These are tulips about to blossom. (week 25,172/365,jreyes)


Life: These are tulips about to blossom. (week 25,172/365,jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

There was just something really beautiful about these flowers during my morning walks. I must have looked pretty crazy taking pictures of random flowers on a lazy Wednesday morning. But sometimes you gotta stop and take pictures of life all around. I don't know there is a lot of dis-continuous theories in our world. My claim is that communities are close but not continuous. What do I mean by all this? What I am trying to say is that a rich affluent community can live 5 miles away from a poor community, but they have no intent or want to be connected with that community. But the reality is that people are all connected, because life is continuous until death. What happens to a poor community will ultimately have an effect on an affluent community. A clear example of this is with elementary schools. I live right by an elementary school which is relatively in a "poor" (less affluent) community, and I have friends who volunteer and help out an elementary school teacher from that school. Anyways, what I really don't get is that why does an elementary school have to struggle for its kids when a city like Mountain View, CA has a big ass corporation like GOOG in its city limits? Why can't the city just tax the hell out of them to fund the local elementary schools in their community? They make BILLIONS of dollars a year right? Pretty easy solution to tax GOOG right?

No comments: