Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Life: This is a 1 year old going "pasiyal pasiyal". (week 5, 32/365, jreyes)


Life: This is a 1 year old going "pasiyal pasiyal". (week 5, 32/365, jreyes)
Originally uploaded by jmoisesreyes

First off Happy New Year to everyone! So there is a total of 6 photographers contributing to the blog. They are Hanah, Jason, Kenneth, Pat, Marisol, and myself. Thank you all for doing this project with me. I hope we all have fun with the photos we take.

So today my sister, nephew, and myself went to Santana Row in San Jose, CA. We went as my sister lovingly puts it "pasiyal pasiyal." In Tagalog, it means when Filipinos just go to the mall or go somewhere which is not in your house. I guess the American version would be to "go sight seeing." So Santana Row is a weird spot. They made it look like "The Grove" in Los Angeles, but it is located in Silicon Valley. I don't know it is just weird to me. What is crazy to me is that there are hella old rich Chinese people who shop at these stores. I saw this one Chinese lady at Salvatore Ferragamo. I swear the lady was buying the same black Ferragamos she already had on. Hmmm perhaps this is a profound realization on my part, but old Chinese people shop where it is only "Made in Italy." Holy crap, even they don't buy "Made in China" gear! Gotta give props to that old Chinese lady... Anyways, this photo was taken at the Burberry or how I call it the "Blueberry" store. But yeah my sister was looking at bags while me and the nephew were just chilling.

No comments: